Monday, April 27, 2009

good morning!

And good morning it is! ...Although, someones not feeling the groove...
Moving onto some news, I'm trying my hardest to get myself organized for my show in June. What was I thinking? Really. I could have picked July,or August, but I picked June. That's like in 30 days and I am starting to get a wee bit ...afraid. Nervous, maybe. Feeling unprepared. yes. I have gotten myself in over my head yet again. My husband seems to think it's a good thing when this happens. I'm feeling a little in the dark about what to do and I'm asking myself what the h*** I was thinking! Uh! I'm so annoyed with myself for just jumping into this. So now I have to figure out how to frame my things without lets say spending a fortune. Not only do I have to come up with about 10 new pieces of art in the next few weeks but I have to think about how to: 1. frame things 2. Making Ad Cards to hand out3. My theme, my focus 4. My artists statement (no clue) 5. And Pricing!!! This was suppose to be just for fun...I'm not interested in selling anything, although with the amount of money I may have to put into this, selling one thing would be nice. So, I'm sitting here wondering where to begin and what to begin with. HELP.My only time to work is at night when my kids are in bed. I'm forgetting about TV for this next month and am totally going to get into this. I have to. I am going to put on a professional show. I am. Yes I will.
To get my inspirational juices flowing we went out to Roanoke this weekend for and Open Studios event. This happens once a year at the end of April in the city. Many artists open their homes to the public for them to see their work and how they work. How exciting! It was so much fun and I met a few really interesting people that I am going to email this week, just to keep in touch and hopefully see again. I met one lady that finds frames anywhere and then nails her board to the back of the frame and then paints from there. Frames first then paints. Really cool. Another lady had her exhibition up all over her house. She had so many pieces and none where properly framed and they still looked amazing. I asked her how and she said she double matted them and then shrunk wrapped them. And the reason being it was more cost efficient. These are some really good ideas. I'm so glad I went. So now I'm off to....ponder about what I am going to do next. And that next being.....I don't know what yet. Medium is on tonight...

No comments: