Friday, January 19, 2007

Super Hero - Illustration Friday

My sons 4th birthday comes to mind. I had no clue what to hand out as a goody bag/gift. The theme was Super Heros! Buzz, Spider Man, Superman, Wonderwomen, even Tiger and Pooh. And then it hit me! Make red capes for all the little boys and girls. So I went and bought tons of red material and string. I sewed the edges and placed every ones initial on the back with puffy paint and tied string around the collar. Then I handed them out at the end of the birthday party and the kids absolutely loved them! Some preferred to be little red riding hood rather than superman and it still worked out! They zoomed around the house and it seemed like that's when the party started rather than ended!
So it was quiet nice to cut out the red material for this piece, sew it a bit, brought back good memories :)

5 comments:

Nicole Florian said...

This is the Little Prince! Very interesting collage!

Michelle Lana said...

Great elements in this piece...nicely done!

studio lolo said...

Cool collage! I'm glad the kids loved the capes. You're a supermom!

Liz Jones said...

Very cute-- and what a great party idea!

kelly barton art + design said...

really fun!
love the cape!